Welcome back to a new and exciting school year! We know many of your students have come to you at very different levels of readiness this year. This makes differentiation in the classroom that much more important. This month’s post focuses on pre-assessment strategies that will help you gauge student readiness before you begin a new unit!
What is Pre-Assessment?
- Determines what students may know and understand about the content you are presenting.
- Should be used regularly, usually at the beginning of each new unit or topic.
- Can be used to determine flexible groups.
- Shows students’ readiness level.
- Shows growth and is easy to incorporate into your lessons!
Click here for a free downloadable list of pre-assessment options!
For more information on differentiated instruction, consider reading: How to Differentiate Instruction in Academically Diverse Classrooms, by Carol Tomlinson.
- Wawa is offering free coffee to teachers and administrators from September 1-30th! Click the image for more details!