October is National Principals Month! This month, we wanted to provide you with resources to help you learn and grow as an administrator. Explore the webinars, inspirational articles, and resources linked below. Thank you for all that you do to support your schools! #ThankAPrincipal
- Struggling to make changes at your school? Do you feel like the mountain is too high to climb? See how a principal in Vero Beach, Florida transformed her school from an F to a C rating. Watch the video and read the article from NAESP here.
- No matter what area of school improvement you are trying to impact, the Office of Student Learning has tools and ideas to help you get started! Check out our padlet full of free resources, guides, templates, and checklists for topics like school improvement, fundraising, compliance, safety, achievement testing, and so much more! Click here to explore the resources.
Professional Development Resources to Sharpen Your Saw
As administrators, sometimes we spend so much time and effort on professional learning for teachers, that we forget the importance of sharpening our own saws! Explore these free webinars and online learning options unique to administrators.
- ASCD Webinars & Professional Development Resources
- NASSP Leading Success- Online Learning Modules & Free Upcoming Webinars from NAESP
- Free Webinars from EdWeek
- The Wallace Foundation- Professional Development Guide 5 Key Practices of Effective Principals
- Reading Eggs through Edmentum: Looking for support for your struggling readers aged 2-13? Reading Eggs is an award-winning program that uses games to engage students in learning to read. Reading Eggs is offering a FREE 4-week trial through October 31st.
- Book It!: BOOK IT! motivates children to read by rewarding their reading accomplishments with praise, recognition and pizza from Pizza Hut. The program is simple, flexible, fun and free to use in your classroom! BOOK IT! was created in 1984 and currently reaches more than 14 million students and 37,000 K-6 grade schools annually.
- Lead4change: Lead4Change is a FREE leadership program where students identify and use their leadership skills by doing a service project. The ready to use lesson plans will take you through the steps of leadership and service. All resources are available to registered members for free.