We know that January marks the time for many school administrators to examine their budgets for next school year. This month’s resources aim to help any new administrators that might struggle with this process and inspire those veteran administrators to find new creative ways to do more with limited resources!
For Assistance with Budget Reviewing & Planning:
- Explore this resource on school budget basics from the American Association of School Administrators.
- Remember to focus on a long-term school improvement plan. Make a plan to budget over the long-term for resources you cannot afford right now. Explore more best practices in school budgeting from the Government Finance Officers Association. Learn about school improvement plans here.
- Totally new to the process? Check out this resource from Twine on business plans and budgets for new private schools.
- Concerned about School Choice Financial Reporting Requirements? Check out the Agreed Upon Procedures info here.
Advice on Doing More with Less:
- Read about how other school leaders have tackled limited resources in this article from SchoolLeadersNow.
- Check out the ideas in this ASCD article from teachers and administrators who are doing more with less.