Administrators, it’s the start of Spring and a great time to look ahead! Have you taken some time to reflect on your school’s current curriculum? Are you considering a change? This month’s resources aim to help you reflect, explore, and plan for any possible curriculum changes next year!
Does the curriculum need to change?
- What does the data say? Be sure to start by collecting data on student achievement & growth to determine if there are any gaps that need to be filled. Check out our post on making data driven decisions!
- Examine this printable document from curriculumsupport.org to see what questions you should consider before changing materials.
What are we looking for in new curriculum?
- Explore this printable from curriculumsupport.org to help survey stakeholders about what is needed in a new curriculum.
Lay out the action plan and create your timeline.
- Put your plan on paper with this printable action plan!
Need more support?
- Check out the article, “Curriculum impossible: Upgrading,” from SmartBrief that lays out the steps to upgrading your curriculum.
- Explore more ideas and printable resources at curriculumsupport.org.