Can you imagine trying to put together a 1,000-piece puzzle without looking at the picture on the box? This is how students feel without clear learning goals!
This year, the Office of Student Learning is offering a professional learning series centered around effective classroom instruction. One of the most influential pieces of the effective instruction puzzle is helping students identify learning goals and track their progress. Our second course in this learning series will teach you to unpack your unit plans to create clear learning goals for students. Explore ways to communicate the road map of learning to allow your students to take ownership of their knowledge progression. Check out the full course description below.
Unpacking Unit Plans to Create Clear Learning Goals
The focus of this training will be to help participants:
- Distinguish key terms: units, lessons, learning goals, and learning scales.
- Understand the importance of helping students track their own progress.
- Create learning scales and clear learning goals for their unit plans.
If you are interested in this training please contact your regional coordinator to discuss available sessions in your area or to schedule a session at your school. Click here to find your regional coordinator’s contact information!
Ask about the other courses in our effective instruction series:
- Planning, Presenting, and Understanding New Knowledge
- Rethinking Classroom Management: Creating and Sustaining a Classroom Culture of Learning