This year more than ever it is important for teachers to reflect on the year, celebrate their efforts, and let go of a very turbulent year. We’ve created a document to help you process the past school year and look ahead to a new and fresh start in 2020-21.
- Download “The Year in Review” to walk through the ups and downs of your 2019-20 school year and shift your focus to a fresh start in 2020-21. Reflection helps, we promise!
- Collaborate with other teachers by sharing a success you had during the “remote learning” this year. Share as much or as little as you like. Click here to share your thoughts!
Resources for Thinking Ahead!
Trauma-Informed Instruction: Many of our students will come back to us next year after having experienced rough situations at home. Check out the Trauma-Informed Instruction resources below to see how you can plan for students’ needs next year.
- Check out this free online course for a limited time through starr.org. Use the code: TRAUMAINFORMED
- Read this article from tolerance.org on a trauma informed approach to teaching through the coronavirus pandemic. Also, check out their trauma sensitive school checklist here!
- Explore these resources from Equality Florida that support LGBTQ+ Youth during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
Additional Professional Learning
- If you are interested in professional development through the North East Florida Educational Consortium and you are a non-profit school registered through the School Choice Office click here.